A must have for the library of every Spring developer. Using this very thorough book as a reference will save countless research hours.
Go beyond the basics with Spring Boot! This practical guide presents dozens of relevant scenarios in a convenient problem-solution-discussion format.
In Spring Boot in Practice
you will learn:
Spring Boot in Practice
- Spring Boot’s features from an expert’s perspective
- Configuring, logging, and monitoring Spring Boot applications
- Effective methods for database communication
- Utilizing Spring Security and securing your Spring application in production
- Designing and developing microservices and RESTful APIs with Spring Boot
- Microservice versioning, documentation, and security
- Reactive application development and reactive data access with WebSocket and RSocket
- Deploying Spring Boot applications on Kubernetes and major cloud platforms
- Implementing containerization in a Spring Boot application
- Using Spring Boot with Kotlin and GraalVM
is full of practical recipes for common development problems in Spring Boot. Author Somnath Musib has spent years building applications with Spring, and he shares that extensive experience in this focused guide. You’ll master techniques for using Spring Data, Spring Security, and other Spring-centric solutions.
about the technology
Spring is the most popular Java framework for building medium- to enterprise-scale applications. Spring Boot abstracts away complex configurations so you can stay focused on fulfilling business requirements. More than just a “must-learn” technology for anyone building Java-based web applications, Spring Boot has become a “must-master” framework.
about the book
Spring Boot in Practice
covers dozens of handy Spring Boot development techniques, from basic functions to hidden features you probably didn’t even know existed. Each recipe is built around a real-world problem, complete with a full solution and thoughtful discussion.
You’ll work your way from fundamentals to advanced functionalities as you take deep dives into auto-configuration, security implementation, and even support for reactive application development. Learn how to work with Spring Boot and Kotlin, handling connections for multiple platforms, and how Spring Boot can simplify building microservices and APIs. You’re sure to keep this practical book on hand as a reference as you build your next Spring Boot apps.
about the reader
For Java developers with Spring experience.
about the author
is an Oracle Certified Java Professional and Oracle Certified Associate, with a decade of experience working with Spring.